CONARIS’ mission is to add value to innovative compounds and drug candidates by filling the gap between their discovery and characterization on one side and their early clinical development on the other side. New assets are acquired by collaborations with academic research institutions and other biotechnology or pharmaceutical companies. In addition, we are also open for promising licensing opportunities.
Our primary aim is to develop new drug candidates until their proof of concept in humans and to add significant value to these compounds. The late clinical development and marketing will then be performed by out-licensing these projects to pharma partners. Depending on the project, an early out-licensing may also be possible.
In addition to our pharmaceutical projects, we also develop products for the dietary supplement and cosmetics industries.
Dr. rer. nat. Dirk Seegert
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Chief Scientific Officer (CSO)
- ➔ 1994-1998: Postdoc at the Fraunhofer Institute (FhG) in Hannover, Germany
- ➔ 1998-2002: Head of the Cell Biology Laboratory, Mucosal Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Schleswig-Holstein (UK-SH), Campus Kiel, Germany
- ➔ Since 2002: CEO/CSO, CONARIS Research Institute AG
Previous research activities:
- ➔ Intracellular signaling processes
- ➔ Discovery and characterization of pathogenic proteins in inflammatory diseases
- ➔ Functional analysis of the CARD15/NOD2 and DLG5 genes in inflammatory bowel disease.
Dr. rer. nat. Georg Wätzig
- ➔ 2000-2002: Boehringer-Ingelheim Research Fellow, Mucosal Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Schleswig-Holstein (UK-SH), Campus Kiel, Germany
- ➔ Since 2002: Project Director and Head of the research laboratory (2002-2015), CONARIS Research Institute AG
Main fields of research:
- ➔ Selective inhibition of pathological interleukin-6 functions
- ➔ Improvement of the intestinal microbiota in chronic inflammatory diseases.